Dunedin High School is nestled in the picturesque city of Dunedin, Florida.
It has a student body of 1800 students on a nearly new campus that underwent
extensive new construction and renovation in 2001. DHS, along, with the
city has a strong Scottish tradition which includes bagpipers and traditonal
dancers in our Highland Band. DHS is committed to highest student achievement,
and this commitment is demonstrated by encouraging all students to excel
academically and to be involved in various school related activities
- Since 1985 Dunedin High School graduates have receive over $900,000
from the Alexander Grossman Scholarship available only to Dunedin High
School students entering the fields of Science or Engineering. In 2001,
DHS students received over $1.83 million in scholarships.
- To meet the needs of our student DHS offers a full range of Advance
Placement and upper level classes as well as our Freshman Experience
that includes the Falcon Families mentoring program and Freshman Intramural
that assist our ninth graders with the transition to high school.
- The Architectural Design and Construction Academy will be adding an
Engineering concept program for upper level students in 2002-2003. The
Academy program provide hands-on instruction in computer programs that
meet current industry standard such as: AutoCAD 2000, 3D-Studio Viz,
Architectural Desktop and Mechanical Desktop.
- There are six full computer labs on campus in addition to the 30 student
computer stations in the Media Center.
- The DHS Traditional Program is based on a fundamental school concept
where parents, students, and teachers work collaboratively to assure
highest student achievement and is offered to freshen and sophomores.
- DHS has an award winning robotics program that travels to and competes
in national competition.
- Our performing arts department compose of band, chorus and drama is
exceptional. These students have won numerous awards in the past years
and have traveled and performed across the USA, Canada and Europe.
- The Naval Junior ROTC program at DHS has consistently earned national
acclaim and is afford the ability to travel around the country through
our partnership with the United Sates Navy.
- DHS is a recipient of the Golden School award in volunteer service.
The school is assisted by a strong Parent Teacher Association and a
School Advisory Council in addition to a strong cadre of volunteers
that assist in the operation of DHS.
- DHS has implemented a student, faculty, and staff recognition program.
The Renaissance Program is designed to encourage, acknowledge and reward